Helping You Recover Compensation for Your Injuries and Anguish After an Accident that Wasn’t Your Fault.
We understand the challenging decisions that come with the aftermath of a Virginia Beach car accident, particularly when it involves serious injuries and the need for long-term medical care. In such trying times, it is crucial to have a reliable and experienced legal team by your side. When you entrust us with your case, we take care of the complex legal matters, allowing you to prioritize your recovery and well-being.
By hiring us, you gain access to a team that is committed to understanding the unique circumstances of your accident and pursuing the best possible outcome for your situation. We work diligently to gather evidence, assess liability, negotiate with insurance companies, and build a strong case on your behalf. Our ultimate goal is to help you secure the maximum compensation available for your injuries, damages, and losses.
Our Virginia personal injury lawyers have successfully settled Virginia vehicle-related personal injury cases of all varieties including: DUI injury, tractor-trailer, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, wrongful death and more. Protect your rights and consider speaking with our Virginia Beach auto accident team. Send us an email or call/text (757) 233-0009 to set up a free consultation. We don’t charge legal fees unless we settle or win.
VIRGINIA BEACH CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Virginia personal injury lawyer Richard Serpe advocates for those who have been injured due to the negligence of another person, dangerous product, or company. A substantial portion of his 37-year legal career has been devoted to the representation and protection of injured children. He’s earned a reputation as a well-respected, hard-working attorney with a tenacious approach to every case he takes on. Richard Serpe has a track record of success in obtaining favorable settlements and verdicts for his clients.
SHOULD I HIRE A VIRGINIA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Here are a few ways a Virginia Beach car accident attorney can use their legal education and experience to add value to your claim:
- Investigate your accident and determine the potential value of your claim
- Protect you from abusive insurance company tactics and costly mistakes
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a favorable financial recovery
- File a lawsuit and go to trial if the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement
Hiring an experienced professional can help ensure you are fairly and fully compensated for injuries. Contact our Virginia car accident lawyers for a free consultation. Call or text us anytime at 757-233-0009.
COMPENSATION FOR VIRGINIA CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Settlement amounts are based on both the damage done and the severity of the injuries sustained. Another major factor? Policy limits. These caps set by the insurance company limit the size of the settlement they are willing to pay. Agreed to in the insurance policy purchased by the insured, policy limits often represent the ceiling for settlement negotiations. Even if your claim is less than the policy limit, insurance companies make low-ball settlement offers at first. A Virginia Beach car accident lawyer can help you negotiate a fair settlement.
Depending on the specifics of the Virginia Beach car accident, victims may be entitled to one or more of the following:
- Medical costs: Whether it’s an ambulance ride, a life-saving surgery, or years of physical therapy– medical bills will add up quickly. Seek compensation for those bills, as well as any future medical expenses associated with your injury.
- Lost wages: Loss of past and future earnings should also be included in your settlement.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering can sometimes be compensated for in your settlement.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one was killed in a car crash, you’re probably grief-stricken and wondering how you’ll shoulder medical bills, funeral costs. Not to mention the loss of future income for your family. The emotional loss cannot be understated either. The Virginia wrongful death act allows certain family members to bring a claim for the losses they have suffered from the death of a loved one.
COMMON CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Car accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, varying in severity depending on the circumstances of the crash. Common car accident injuries include whiplash, which occurs when the neck is forcefully jerked back and forth, leading to neck pain, stiffness, and limited mobility. Back injuries such as herniated discs, sprains, and strains are also common, causing pain and discomfort. Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries, may occur if the head strikes the steering wheel, dashboard, or windows. Broken bones, such as fractures in the arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis, are often seen in car accidents due to the impact forces involved. Soft tissue injuries, such as bruises, contusions, and sprains, are prevalent as well.
COMMON LOCATIONS FOR VIRGINIA BEACH CAR ACCIDENTS
- Interstate 264 (I-264): Also known as the Virginia Beach Expressway, it runs east-west through the city, connecting it to Norfolk and the oceanfront area.
- Interstate 64 (I-64): This interstate runs north-south near the western edge of Virginia Beach, providing access to other major cities in the state.
- Virginia Beach Boulevard: A major east-west road that traverses the city and serves as a primary commercial corridor.
- Pacific Avenue: This road runs parallel to the oceanfront and is a popular route for beachgoers and tourists.
- Shore Drive: It follows the coast along the Chesapeake Bay and provides access to residential neighborhoods, marinas, and beaches.
- Independence Boulevard: A significant north-south road that intersects with Virginia Beach Boulevard and provides access to various neighborhoods and shopping centers.
- General Booth Boulevard: This road connects the oceanfront area to the southern parts of Virginia Beach, passing through residential areas and commercial districts.
- Lynnhaven Parkway and Virginia Beach Boulevard: Located in the heart of the city, this intersection sees heavy traffic due to its proximity to Lynnhaven Mall and other retail centers.
- Indian River Road and Kempsville Road: This intersection is a major crossing point in the southern part of Virginia Beach, connecting residential areas and commercial developments.
- Princess Anne Road and Dam Neck Road: Situated in the southern part of the city, this intersection connects residential neighborhoods, schools, and military installations.
- Laskin Road and First Colonial Road: Located near the oceanfront, this intersection serves as a gateway to the resort area and is a busy junction for locals and tourists.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (DEADLINES)
Many accident victims that have taken a “wait and see” approach to find out the hard way. There are strict time limitations for bringing a Virginia car accident injury claim. As time goes by and injuries have not gotten any better, victims then seek help for chronic pain or mounting hospital bills. If you wait too long, the door to justice is closed forever.
In Virginia, you typically must file a Virginia car accident lawsuit with the court within two years of the date of the accident. However, every accident is different and the circumstances surrounding the situation may change these deadlines.
While two years might seem like a long time, the investigation and negotiation processes can be lengthy. To protect your rights, you should speak with a Virginia personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Once you have missed this deadline, you will no longer be able to file a claim.
NO LEGAL FEES UNLESS WE WIN
We understand the fees associated with a lawsuit can be a barrier to justice. Corporations and insurance companies have tremendous resources, and our no-fee promise levels the playing field. Our no-fee promise means that you don’t owe us any legal fees unless we settle or win your case. Our Virginia personal injury lawyers will work on your behalf to get a fair settlement, and only charge legal fees if you receive a settlement or verdict.
VIRGINIA BEACH CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Our track record of successfully representing Virginia car accident victims speaks to our dedication and commitment to achieving favorable results for our clients. We have a deep understanding of Virginia’s laws and regulations regarding auto accidents, and we leverage this knowledge to build strong cases that protect your rights and interests.
When you choose us as your legal representation, you can trust that we will tirelessly advocate for your best interests. We are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide the guidance you need throughout the entire legal process. Our experience and expertise in handling Virginia Beach car accident cases allow us to navigate the complexities of insurance claims, negotiations, and, if necessary, litigation. Contact us for a free consultation by calling or texting us anytime at 757-233-0009.