Helping You Recover Compensation for Your Injuries and Anguish After an Accident that Wasn’t Your Fault
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed after being injured in a Virginia car accident that wasn’t your fault. Your injuries, the insurance companies, the at-fault party, and the legal system are a lot for anyone to face.
Insurance adjusters know most people are inexperienced with the personal injury claims process. If they see an opportunity to minimize or deny your claim, they’ll take it. Hiring a Virginia car accident lawyer to advocate for your needs levels the playing field. And if the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement, an attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
The Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, PC has successfully settled Virginia car accident injury cases of all varieties, including:
- truck accidents
- drunk driving injury
- motorcycle accidents
- bicycle accidents
- pedestrian accidents
- guardrail accidents
Contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation at (877) 544-5323.
VIRGINIA AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYER RICHARD SERPE
As a Virginia personal injury attorney, Richard Serpe advocates for those injured due to the negligence of another person, dangerous product, or company. A substantial portion of his 35-year legal career has been devoted to representing and protecting injured children.
He’s earned a reputation as a well-respected, hard-working attorney with a tenacious approach to every case he takes on. Richard Serpe has a track record of success in obtaining favorable settlements and verdicts for his clients.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers® : (2005 – Present)
- Super Lawyer : (2006 – Present)
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Preeminent Rating
- Avvo.com: Rated 10/10 – “Superb”
SHOULD I HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Here are a few ways a Virginia car accident attorney can use their legal education and experience to add value to your claim:
- Investigate your accident and determine the potential value of your claim
- Protect you from abusive insurance company tactics and costly mistakes
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a favorable financial recovery
- File a lawsuit and go to trial if the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement
Hiring an experienced professional can help ensure you are fairly and fully compensated for injuries. Contact our Virginia car accident lawyers for a free consultation at (877) 544-5323.
UNDERSTANDING VIRGINIA CAR ACCIDENT SETTLEMENTS
Many factors go into the calculation of a Virginia personal injury settlement. The most important is whether there is insurance coverage and how much is available for your injuries. Depending on the specifics of your Virginia car accident, you may be entitled to one or more of the following types of financial recovery.
- Medical Bills: Compensation for any medical care related to the car accident. If your injuries are permanent, this often includes ambulance rides, hospital bills, physical therapy, surgeries, and future medical bills.
- Lost Income: Some car accidents result in injuries that leave victims out of work for weeks, months, or even permanently. You may seek compensation to recover those lost wages. If you can no longer work due to your injuries, these financial losses can be negotiated into the settlement.
- Pain and Suffering: The physical pain and mental anguish you suffered due to the accident can also be factored into your settlement.
- A Wrongful Death: When a loved one is killed in a car accident, they leave behind bills, funeral costs, and the loss of future income for their family. Of course, their loss is felt emotionally as well. This loss of companionship and affection is priceless. A Virginia personal injury lawyer experienced with Virginia wrongful death cases can protect your family’s right to financial recovery.
HOW LONG WILL MY AUTO ACCIDENT CASE TAKE?
Many factors determine how long it will take to settle a car accident case. Below are some of the most time-consuming aspects of a car accident case.
Reaching Maximum Medical Improvement. When injuries are less severe, many people reach maximum medical improvement in months. If you are seriously injured, it may take years to reach maximum medical improvement– the point at which your medical condition is as good as it’s going to get.
Reaching MMI before starting negotiations will ensure that all of your medical bills, past, and future, are included in your settlement. You may need surgery, physical therapy, and other medical treatment depending on your injuries.
Negotiations. Next comes negotiation. Your Virginia car accident lawyer, seeking the maximum compensation possible, will work with the insurance company to land on a number that satisfies both parties. This process can be time-consuming and may result in your attorney filing a lawsuit if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement.
Trial. Most of our cases are settled without going to trial. But, if an agreement cannot be reached, we may need to file a lawsuit. Although filing a lawsuit kick starts a strict legal process, the opportunity to settle out of court still exists.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (DEADLINES)
In Virginia, there are strict deadlines for filing a personal injury lawsuit. In many cases, Virginia provides a two-year deadline, also known as a Statute of Limitations. However, sometimes special circumstances may apply that can alter that deadline.
Once the statute of limitations has passed, you will never again be allowed to ask for compensation related to your accident and injuries. Consider contacting a Virginia personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to protect your right to compensation.
CONTACT A VIRGINIA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Insurance companies have deep pockets and tremendous resources. Our law firm understands that the costs associated with a lawsuit can be a barrier to justice. This is why we offer a no-fee promise. Ultimately, you don’t owe us any legal fees unless we settle or win your personal injury case.
If we accept your case, we will work on your behalf to get a fair settlement and only charge legal fees if you receive a settlement or verdict. Call our Virginia car accident lawyers for a free consultation to discuss your options.