If you’ve been injured because of another person’s reckless or negligent behavior, consider seeking the support of an experienced Hampton, Virginia personal injury lawyer. Our team is well-versed in the claims process, statute of limitations, defenses to liability, and other essential factors that may prove relevant to your claim.
Seeking compensation for your injury or on behalf of another warrants the assistance of a dedicated Hampton, Virginia personal injury attorney. We can provide you with an honest assessment of your options and answer any questions you might have about the claims process.
Don’t be intimidated by overly complicated procedures – we’ll handle it for you so you can focus on recovery. Contact our Virginia personal injury law firm for a free consultation at 757-233-0009.
VIRGINIA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER RICHARD SERPE
The Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, PC is a Virginia personal injury law firm serving clients throughout the Commonwealth and beyond. Virginia personal injury Attorney Richard Serpe has more than 37 years of hard-won experience and results helping his clients get justice. We’ve obtained successful settlements and verdicts in personal injury cases of all varieties.
Awards & Recognition: Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, Named a Virginia “Super Lawyer” – top 5% of lawyers (2006 – Present), Lawyers.com 5/5 Star Rating, Rated 10/10 “Superb” by Avvo.com, Recognized by Best Lawyers in America® (2005 – Present).
SHOULD I HIRE A HAMPTON, VA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
Here are a few ways a lawyer can use their legal education, experience, and expertise to protect your right to compensation:
- Investigate your accident and determine the potential value of your personal injury claim
- Protect you from abusive insurance company tactics
- Negotiate with the insurance company to recover a full and fair compensation
- File a lawsuit if the insurance company won’t offer a fair settlement
These are just a few of the ways a Virginia personal injury lawyer can add value to your claim. Schedule your free consultation today by calling or texting us at 757-233-0009.
HOW LONG WILL MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE TAKE?
Every case is unique, but here are a few of the main steps in the process:
- Free Consultation: You’ll share your story and learn about your legal options during an initial consultation. This leads to a decision of whether to work together or not. If the you decide to hire our firm, you’ll sign an agreement allowing us to represent you.
- Investigation: Our team will work to investigate the accident that caused your injuries. We’ll be looking into the statements of witnesses, the police accident reports, and photographs taken at the scene. In more complex cases, we may even hire experts to better understand what led to the incident.
- Your Recovery: It’s important that you’ve reached maximum medical improvement (when your condition cannot be improved any further), before negotiating with the insurance company. This will ensure that all of your medical bills are included in the settlement, as well as any permanent long-term care that you will need.
- Documentation: Our legal team will work with your healthcare providers to assemble all the information needed for your case.
- Settlement Negotiations: We will then submit all of our evidence to the insurance company and state our case. Most cases are resolved at this point, but negotiations with the insurance company can continue for a lengthy period of time. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, a lawsuit may be filed.
- Resolution: Filing a lawsuit puts the timing of your case in the hands of the court system’s legal process. However, during this time, both parties may agree to mediate in an attempt to settle outside of court. If an agreement cannot be made, your case may go before a judge and jury.
WHAT IS MY HAMPTON PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM WORTH?
The amount depends on your specific set of circumstances. An injured person may be entitled to:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income because of the incident and/or because of the time spent unable to work or to undergo treatment
- Permanent injury or disfigurement
- Loss of social and educational experiences, including missed school, vacations, or special events
- Emotional damages like stress, embarrassment, or depression
The following guidelines typically apply:
- The more painful and permanent the injury, the higher the potential damages
- The more invasive and long-lasting the medical treatment, the higher the potential damages
- The longer the recovery period, the higher the potential damages
- The more serious and visible any permanent injury, the higher the damages
A Virginia personal injury attorney can look at the facts of your case and give you honest insight into the value of your claim. While you may be tempted by a quick payout from the insurance company, an attorney may counsel you that it’s in your best interest to wait for a better offer.
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (DEADLINES)
In Virginia, there are strict deadlines for filing a lawsuit. In many cases, Virginia provides a two-year deadline also known as a Statute of Limitations (SOL). However, sometimes special circumstances apply that can alter that deadline. Once the SOL has passed, you will no longer be allowed to seek compensation for injuries relating to your accident. That is why it is so important to contact an experienced Virginia personal injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss your situation.
HAMPTON, VIRGINIA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Choosing the best lawyer for your case can tremendously affect your settlement or verdict. The Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, PC has helped accident victims like you fight for what they are owed for more than 37 years. Connect with us if you’d like to discuss your situation during a free consultation at 757-233-0009.