The Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, PC can help injured victims seek compensation for all they have endured. Whether you’re hoping to be compensated for the medical bills associated with the accident, for wages you lost out on while recovering, or more, allow our team to represent your best interests. We have a track record for success, holding both individuals and private entities responsible for the injuries they cause. Keep reading to learn about your legal options following an accident.
Compensation for Victims
The physical and emotional impact of these injuries are significant. Don’t let the financial consequences add another layer of damage to your burden. A serious personal injury lawsuit can help mitigate the financial impact such injuries can have on your life.
Injury cases are incredibly complex. Depending on your situation, we may be able to help recover compensation to cover:
- Medical Bills: You may seek compensation for any medical care related to the accident. This often includes hospital bills, physical therapy, surgeries, and future medical bills if your injuries are life-altering.
- Lost Wages & Future Earnings: Some personal injury accidents result in injuries that leave victims out of work for weeks, months, or even permanently. You may seek compensation to recover those lost wages. If you are no longer able to work due to your injuries, this can be factored into the settlement as well.
- Pain and Suffering: Long after the physical wounds heal, the emotional pain of an accident can linger. You may ask that pain and suffering be considered as part of your settlement.
- Punitive Damages: careless individuals are often punished for their negligence through punitive damages. In addition to compensation for your injuries, punitive damages serve as a deterrent for the individual and a warning to the public.
- Wrongful Death: When a loved one is killed in an accident, they leave behind bills and funeral costs – and the loss of future income for their family. Of course, their loss is felt emotionally as well. This loss of companionship and affection is priceless. A personal injury lawyer experienced with the Wrongful Death act will fight on behalf of your family.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Each kind of injury comes with its own set of challenges. Pain, suffering, loss of one’s ability to work, and even death can come as a result of negligence. If your injuries were the result of someone else’s irresponsible choices, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. Some of the most common types of serious injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries: Victims of SCI suffer severe pain, loss of feeling in their limbs, weakness, loss of motor function, and respiratory issues. These side effects can seriously impact a person’s ability to live their life the way it was before the accident.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Even a minor blow to the head can result in serious, life-threatening brain injuries that last a lifetime. TBIs are the leading cause of death in people under the age of 45, which shows just how dangerous such injuries can be.
- Amputations: Car crashes and workplace accidents are two of the most frequent causes of amputations. The loss of one or more limbs can seriously impact a person’s way of life.
- Paralysis: In some cases, victims of spinal cord injuries suffer permanent paralysis. Suddenly becoming wheelchair-bound can have serious physical and psychological damage on a person.
These are just a handful of the most common types of catastrophic, life-changing injuries. Organ damage, broken and fractured bones are also common among accident victims. If you’ve suffered any of these injuries, or another type that has left you forever changed by the accident, you may have grounds for a lawsuit.
Cases We Handle
If you’ve been injured, or your loved one has been killed, we will protect your legal rights and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
- Maritime Lawyer: tugboats, barges, fishing boats, cruise ships, cargo ships, maintenance and cure
- Auto Accidents: involving cars, trucks, bicycles, pedestrians, motorcycles, uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Dog Bites & Attacks: for children, adults, mail carriers, delivery truck drivers, pedestrians, joggers, etc.
- Guardrail Accidents: defective, outdated, and improperly installed guardrails causing injury and death
- Nursing Home Neglect: falls, bed and pressure sores, medication errors, wrongful death
- Wrongful Death: the wrongful death of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence
- Birth Injury: Inadequate training, defective drugs, and ineffective policies can all lead to medical mistakes.
- Lead Poisoning: lead poisoning can cause long-term permanent cognitive injuries in children
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: faulty equipment/appliances, improper repairs, improper venting, and faulty detectors
When you put your trust in the Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, P.C., you can rest easy knowing we’ll act with your best interests in mind. With open ears and hearts, our team is eager to help you in your hour of need.
No Fees Unless We Settle or Win
Insurance companies have deep pockets and tremendous resources. Our law firm understands that the costs associated with a lawsuit can be a barrier to justice.
This is why we offer a no fee promise. This means you don’t owe us any legal fees unless we settle or win your case. If we accept your case, we will work on your behalf to get a fair settlement, and only charge legal fees if you receive a settlement or verdict. Call our Virginia personal injury lawyers today.